Thursday, November 11, 2010

Key Lime Pie and Graham Cracker Crust

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.  I made this for a women's religion meeting tonight.  It was rich, but very yummy!  I even used fat free milk and sour cream.


1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup key lime juice (or half lemon juice and half lime juice)
1 tablespoon grated lime zest



-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
-In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.
-Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. DO NOT BROWN! Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.


*I forgot to get a lime to zest, so I didn't add that and it was still good.  I'm sure it would yummy to add it in, but don't stress if you don't have it.  I also did half lemon and half lime juice b/c I didn't see key lime juice in the store and I didn't feel like juicing 20 key limes.


Graham Cracker Crust

1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup white sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)

Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter or margarine, and cinnamon until well blended . Press mixture into an 8 or 9 inch pie plate.  Bake at 375 degrees  for 7 minutes. Cool. If recipe calls for unbaked pie shell, just chill for about 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment