Sunday, February 20, 2011

Apple Bread Pudding

I've never had bread pudding but its something I would like to try.  I blog hopping and I found this recipe on EdwardsEdibles.blogspot.com.  Looks and sounds yummy.

Cream together:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs


Mix the following to the creamed mixture:
2 cups flour
2 t soda
2 t cinnamon

Blend in 4 cups of peeled and grated apples. Bake in lightly greased 9x13 pan about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.


Carmel Sauce:
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup cream

Cook butter and sugar together until sugar is dissolved. (I cooked it until it registered 220 on a candy thermometer. I didn't want it to reach the hard or soft ball stage, but I wanted to make sure the sugar would dissolve. The sugar wasn't dissolved, even at 220, but once I added the cream, it dissolved completely. If you don't want to mess with the candy thermometer, just cook it over low heat for about 5-6 minutes.) Stir in the cream. Heat through and serve warm over apple pudding.

Cory loved it with ice cream on top, I preferred mine without.

No comments:

Post a Comment