Sunday, February 20, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos

A friend posted this on her facebook page.

3 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can drained corn(or 1.5 cups of frozen corn)
1 can black beans, rinsed (or 1.5-2 cups of black beans, if you cook them from scratch, like I did this time)
2 - 10oz. can of Rotel (tomatoes with chilies)
8 oz cream cheese (lowfat worked just fine!)
Tortilla chips
Cheddar cheese, shredded

Place chicken, corn, black beans and salsa in crockpot on high for 4-6 hours. When it is 30 minutes before serving, put in cream cheese and shred the chicken. Serve on a bed of tortilla chips and cover in shredded cheese.

REVIEW:  I have changed the recipe to how I fixed it yesterday.  It definitely smelled soo yummy when we came in the door after church.  I tasted pretty good.  But I think it needed more than just sitting on top of some of tortilla chips.  Maybe it would of been better with all the fixing for nachos, like lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, avocados, rice?  Hmmm.  I'll try that next we eat it.  Which will be soon b/c it made a lot!  I'm going to try freezing some of it, to see if it freezes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment