Thursday, September 23, 2010

Apple Crisp

I made this tonight for our ward's elders' quorum social.  It was a hit!  I got this recipe from allrecipes.com, however I did change it a bit.  I will post it how I prepared it.  If you want to the original recipe go here

10 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup water

1 1/2 cups oats, quick cook
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.   Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and then combine with apples.  Pour water evenly over all and mix again.  Place the apple mixture in a 9x13 inch pan.  Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.  Cut the softened butter into the oat mixture. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.  Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes.

*Okay, truthful I forgot to add the baking powder and baking soda and it didn't seem to effect it.  But I'm sure they are in there for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment