Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Taco Seasoning

I got this recipe from allrecipes.com.  I love that website, you can find just about anything that you are looking for and reviews are awesome b/c they usually tell you about tweaks to make the dishes even yummier! or know which recipes to avoid!

Anyways, I used this season our taco meat a couple of nights ago and it was yummy!  I loved it was ingredients that I already had and minus all the sodium from the mixes in the store.

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

  • 1 teaspoon sea salt (I left this out b/c I didn't have any. and we didn't even miss it!)

  • 1 teaspoon black pepper


  • In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.

    I also add some flour to the mixture before adding it to the meat and I added some water to the meat when I was cooking, to make the meat a little saucey.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment